1. How many (paying) jobs have you had in your life time?
I suppose this discounts the numerous babysitting jobs I had since I started doing that in 6th grade (which is exclusive of all of the non-paid babysitting I did for my brothers). Okay, I'll get to the point. The answer is 6. Only 6.
- Kinney Shoes, Exton Mall, Exton, PA
- Western Main Line YMCA, Downingtown, PA
- Student Cook, Terrace Dining Hall, Ithaca College
- My first job as a Physical Therapist at a hospital in Jacksonville, FL
- My current job as a Pediatric Physical Therapist (11 years in a couple of weeks)
- Per diem job at a local hospital I had for a couple of years approximately 5 years ago
Pretty limited and boring. Maybe I should branch out and become a waitress or something.2. Please name three things you have learned from television.
- The scary monster is usually just the town creep wearing a mask to frighten people. He'd get away with it too, if it weren't for those meddling kids!
- The Smurfs theme song, which I hum (out loud) on nearly a daily basis.
- "Reality" as portrayed on tv is not very realistic.
3. Please name three things you have learned from books.
- Male dogs like having their chests scratched/rubbed because it mimics the feeling they have when mounting another dog.
- Florence Nightingale observed the benefit of animal companions for sick people in the 1800s.
- Often we have to choose between what is right and what is easy. (Albus Dumbledore)
4. And now three things you have learned from ME! Heheh yeah, I know, I know, it's a tough one.
- Unfortunately, the definition of a "merkin."
- The New Pornographers are a great band!
- Blueberry wine from New Jersey rocks!
Honestly, no. My best friend in elementary school, Vickie, actually had one named Pepper. We occasionally rode her around the front yard.
6. What did you most want and never get for your birthday?
I'm sure there is something, but I honestly can't remember. Since my birthday is later in the year, I have probably ended up getting whatever I didn't get (and bothered to complain about) for Christmas.
7. What did you get that you really, really loved?
A certificate for my own dog, which ended up being Little Guy.
8. What would be your ideal way to spend your special day?
I'd love to spend the day at a spa, being pampered and relaxing. I could really use a massage, that's for sure. After the spa, I'd have a nice dinner and a drink or two (and maybe a movie or show) with Eric and possibly some friends.
9. Do you feel old yet?
On some days, no I don't. On others (like most Mondays), yes. Ask me again this weekend. I may feel old by then.
10. You've got a long way to go before you are old. Any goals to achieve before a certain age?
Lots of goals, but one of the problems is I do not have a certain age to meet them by, so they end up being vague.
- Lose weight
- Write a book or two
- Practice animal-assisted therapy
- Take a photography class
- Travel to New Zealand
- Travel to Europe